Mission and objective
- to optimise the diagnosis and treatment of patients with B12 and folate deficiency;
- to inform general practitioners and specialists about the latest relevant research.
- conducting the most relevant research for clinical practice;
- exchanging knowledge with researchers from international universities;
- placing patient participation and input on the research agenda;
- exchanging information and examples of clinical practice;
- translating the latest research findings into clinical practice;
- providing information through presentations, website and flyers;
- regarding B12 deficiency in the context of the person and of environmental factors;
- regarding B12 deficiency in the context of the entire metabolism, including other nutrients.
This will prevent
- permanent damage and unnecessary suffering for patients;
- over- and underdiagnostics;
- over- and undertreatment;
- unbridled increase of unnecessary healthcare costs.
Our research and publications will disseminate adequate and useful information, without any commercial profit.